Jefferson County Clerk & Recorder will be assisting the City of Lakewood in conducting their upcoming special election. Important dates and links are below.
Ballot Mailing Begins:
- 5/18/2019 – Military & Overseas voters.
- 6/10/2019 – Local voters.
Ballot Mailing Ends:
- 6/25/2019 – Voters who register or update their information after
- 6/24/2019 must visit the Lakewood City Clerk’s office to receive a ballot.
- USPS – Ballots can be returned by mail with a first-class stamp; or
- Drop Box – Ballots can be dropped-off at the Lakewood City Clerk’s office.*
- It is highly recommended that ballots be dropped off at a drop box after June 26 to meet the July 2 deadline.
*The City Clerk’s office is located at 480 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood 80226 and will have an outside drop-off box (24/7; closing at 7 p.m., July 2nd ) and an inside drop-off box (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday; 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., July 2nd).
Lakewood Motor Vehicle also has a
- 7/2/2019 – All ballots must be received by the Clerk by 7pm; postmarks do not count as received.*
*Ballots from eligible military/overseas voters, and signature discrepancies and other cures, can be received and counted through 7/10/2019.
- 5/22/2019 - Logic & Accuracy Testing (LAT).
- 7/12/2019 - Canvas and Certification of Results.
- October 14th, 2019 - Ballots mailed
- November 5th, 2019 - Coordinated Election