January 25, 2022
500 Jefferson County Parkway
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
Just starting out with a Chromebook? Join us to cover the basics and walk away with confidence!
• Learn How to Set up a Gmail Account and Retrieve E-mails
• Attach a Resume & Other Documents to an E-mail
• Save and Retrieve Documents in Google Drive
• Use Google Docs to Write a Resume
• Create a Functional Resume Template
• Explore Professional Voice vs Casual Voice
• Become more comfortable using the Chromebook, Gmail, Google Docs and Google Drive
Struggling with Gmail? Trying to attach your resume to an email and becoming frustrated? Wondering why formatting a resume gives you a headache? This workshop was designed just for you – register today and sleep better.
• Creating a new document on Google Drive and MS Office 365
• Attaching a document to your Gmail; Gmail etiquette
• Utilizing basic skills (bold, font size, alignment, bullets, etc.) to create an effective resume
• Setting up a functional resume format
Virtual via WebEx
Looking for the right career path? Thinking about making a career change but not sure of the next steps? Discover a variety of tools to enable you to explore and identify strengths and new opportunities. You will leave empowered, prepared, and motivated to take advantage of career paths you may have dreamed about but never pursued.
A resume's sole purpose is to get you an interview! Is your current resume working for you? In this workshop you will learn about the purpose of a resume and what types of resumes are currently in use. You will recognize the importance of targeting your resume and discover the importance of highlighting your accomplishments. Whether this is the first time or the tenth time you've created a resume, you will walk away with "best practices" and an opportunity to differentiate yourself from the crowd.
Do you have Chromebook technical or software questions? Looking for assistance with resume formatting? Needing some guidance with online applications? We’re ready to help – just register for a one-on-one session with one of our Training Services team members and get the assistance you need.
Are you looking for jobs in all the wrong places? Discover how to search for jobs in places you didn’t know about! Learn how to apply online so your application gets looked at and stands out!
• Searching for jobs in all the best places
• Applying online to stand out from the crowd
• Attaching a resume and cover letter to an online application