Effective June 1, Jefferson County Offices will reopen to the public. Please contact departments and offices directly to see if they provide services online and/or are open by appointment only. We strongly encourage wearing a face covering while visiting any county facility.
Also beginning June 1, most Jefferson County offices will be switching to a four-day business week and will be closed on Fridays. However, offices such as those related to courts and law enforcement will not be switching to this schedule.
The Assessor’s Office is now offering appointments for in-person services Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you require in-person services, please book an appointment before coming to the office using the button below.
Assessor’s Office Notices
- For information on property taxes and property values during COVID-19, please view this note from the assessor regarding property taxes and values (PDF).
- We are currently processing deeds recorded in January 2020. If you have questions about a tax notice for a property you bought or sold in 2019, please see the "Important Alerts for Tax Notices" section below.
- If you are looking to file a Business Personal Property Declaration Schedule, please file it electronically through our website rather than by mail if possible. Please only use one method of submission (either electronically or by mail, but not both). Please note that the Business Personal Property Declaration deadline has been extended to June 15, 2020. The Business Personal Property appeal period this year runs from August 3, 2020 through August 20, 2020.
- To send us an email, please use our contact form.
- For in-person services, please book an appointment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Important Alerts for Tax Notices:
- We are currently processing documents that were recorded with the Jefferson County Clerk & Recorder in January 2020. Ownership changes that have occurred since then may not be reflected on Property Record Search results. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
- If you bought a new property in 2019 and have not received your tax notice, your transfer probably has not been processed yet. The Treasurer’s Office will continuously mail out tax notices to new owners as the Assessor’s Office finishes processing them. The notice above will be updated to reflect our progress until all deeds through December 2019 are completed.
- If you receive a tax notice for a property you sold in 2019, please disregard it. Once the ownership records are updated, the new owner will be notified of the taxes due.
- If you did not receive a tax notice for property you owned before 2019, you may find the tax notice using the Treasurer’s Property Records Search Application. Please search by address or PIN/Schedule#, if known.
The Jefferson County Assessor’s Office provides quality customer service by being courteous, respectful and informative while identifying, describing and valuing all property within Jefferson County in a fair, ethical, accurate and professional manner.
Click the button below to search Property Records.
The Assessor is available anytime to present the Re-Appraisal Valuation and Assessment Process. Please contact the Assessor’s Office to schedule.
If a property owner believes the assessor has incorrectly valued or classified their property or business personal property, an appeal may be filed.
The assessment process involves setting standards for fair and equitable values, discovering and listing information about properties and determining property values.
This is your one-stop-shop to find all of the change of address forms you need to inform the Jefferson County Assessor's Office of an address change.
Find documents and forms related to the Assessor's office.
Find questions people ask the Jefferson County Assessor frequently.
See Assessor's online services.
You can find information on appealing your business personal property valuation, reporting your business personal property and the exemptions for that in this section.
You can find information about the appraisal of commercial property as well as the commercial income survey forms in this section.
The property description department identifies property, maintains and updates the assessor parcel maps, updates the ownership records for the tax roll per recorded documents and assigns new schedule numbers and parcel numbers for new divisions of land.
Get all the information you need about property taxes, how they are calculated, the dates you need to know and the exemptions for disabled veterans and seniors.
Sales files used in reappraisal for the mass appraisal analysis and value compliance review
Certification of Values, Mill Levies, Abstract Reports
The Jefferson County Assessor's Office provides quality customer service by being courteous, respectful, and informative while identifying, describing and valuing all property within Jefferson County in a fair, ethical, accurate and professional manner.