Each summer since 1975, Jefferson County Open Space has employed Jefferson County youth in the management and maintenance of Open Space Parks, an experience that develops a positive work and stewardship ethic in participants. The Trail Stewardship Team (TST) helps to maintain and improve natural surface trails, mitigate noxious weeds, and restore natural areas each summer. Each TST worker can expect to cover over 100 miles in seven weeks by hiking to and from the job site for trail maintenance.
As a Trail Stewardship Team Crew Member, you will work on a crew consisting of 10 other crew members performing trail maintenance, mitigating noxious weeds and restoring natural areas for Jefferson County Open Space.
This position will begin on Tuesday, June 16, 2020. The schedule will be 3 eight-hour days per week: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with the last day of employment on Thursday, July 30, 2020. No more than two absences are permitted.
See more details here: http://jeffco.us/open-space/trail-stewardship-team/
• Jefferson County Resident
• Age 14 through 18 (must be at least 14 and not older than 18 on June 9, 2020)
• Available to work from June 16 to July 30, Tuesday through Thursday, with no more than two absences
• Able to legally work in the United States
• Be able to provide and carry all personal gear, as well as tools and equipment, to and from the job sites
You must be able to complete all essentials duties for your application to be considered.
• Be on time at Jeffco Open Space headquarters, with equipment and in uniform each workday
• No more than two excused absences, no exceptions
• Able to hike two to five miles every day in extreme weather
• Safely use hand tools to move heavy rocks, branches, and dirt
• Be able to stoop, bend, push, pull, lift and perform all manners of motion related to outdoor labor
Please complete the following fields
Please do not enter any sensitive information (SSN, Driver’s License, Banking, Medical info, etc.)
This information is used to help guide recruitment efforts in the future, and will not be scored as part of your application.
Please attach a letter of recommendation from someone who is not a family member. The letter should include how the person knows you, and describe why they think you are a good candidate for a Trail Stewardship Team Crew Member position.
If you are unable to attach a letter of recommendation at the time of the application submittal, please email it to [email protected] or bring it in to your interview. Please note we must receive your letter of recommendation by your interview date.
• I am a resident of Jefferson County
• I will be between the ages of 14 – 18 on June 9th, 2020
• I am available to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8:00AM – 4:30PM from June 16th – July 30th 2020 with no more than two absences except for verified medical reasons or family emergencies
• I can provide the proper documentation to verify employment eligibility
• I am willing and physically able to walk up to five miles a day while carrying tools and gear in extreme temperatures and variable weather conditions
• If selected for an interview, I am available on Saturday, April 18th or 25th to interview for this position
• I am able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
I (we) hereby swear or affirm, under penalty of perjury, that the information given here is true and correct. The typed signature below indicates this individual, or the legal entity the individual represents (as applicable), accepts responsibility for the activity and agrees to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field