Please consider the following prior to submitting this application:
We do not permit amplified sound, structures, decorations or athletic/party games.
Please read all of the park regulations before submitting this application.
In order to ensure sufficient time to process your permit, please submit this form no less than five business days prior to your event. Applications will not be reviewed outside of six (6) months in advance.
School groups of more than 60 total people will not be permitted and issuance of a permit is based on time, location, and capacity limits of each park.
Annual permits will be mailed to this address
Annual permits will only be considered for clubs or organizations (ex. cross country teams, mountain bike teams), not entire schools
For Single Day Only
Please provide a detailed description of all portions and intentions of event.
Please provide a detailed schedule of your proposed dates, locations, number of coaches and number of participants.
Please provide a list of all teachers, coaches, volunteers, etc. who will be associated with your event(s).
Please attach a valid certificate of insurance listing Jefferson County Open Space as an additionally insured.
Please attach your current team roster
1) Permit is valid for approved date and time only
2) All vehicles must be parked in a legal manner and outside of designated lanes of traffic
3) Permit may be revoked by JCOS at any time for any reason including unfavorable weather
4) Permit must be printed and on-hand during all portions of events
5) Permit is for this group, and this group only. Additional companies, organizations, and/or groups may not be added
6) No trails will be closed for event(s), and all participants are expected to abide by proper trail etiquette and yielding practices
7) All JCOS Park Regulations apply, outside of those which are specifically addressed in this permit. Park Regulations can be found at https://www.jeffco.us/1583/Regulations
8) Any modifications to this permit must be requested prior to two weeks before event takes place. No modifications, aside from cancellation, will be considered within two weeks of event
1) While on trails, groups must be divided into a maximum of 14 participants with multiple groups congregating only at trail junctions or staging area
2) Pre-run orientations must be given before every run with an emphasis on multi-use trail courtesy
1) Rides must be divided into a maximum of 8 riders (bikes) per group, with groups congregating only at trail junctions or staging area
2) Pre-ride orientations must be given before every ride with an emphasis on multi-use trail courtesy and proper yielding
3) All high school mountain bike teams/clubs must view and comply with all portions of the High School Mountain Bike Orientation video which can be found below.
I (we) hereby swear or affirm, under penalty of perjury, that the information given here is true and correct. The typed signature below indicates this individual, or the legal entity the individual represents (as applicable), accepts responsibility for the activity and agrees to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
By checking the box below, you will receive a copy of the application you are submitting; however, this does not mean that your application has been approved. We will contact you within 10 business days to let you know the status of your application.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field