Permitted activities must be appropriate to the mission of Jeffco Open Space; complement resource protection, visitor protection and interpretation goals; and not pose any potential for derogation of values or purposes for which JCOS was established.
In order to ensure sufficient time to process your permit, please submit this form no less than ten business days prior and no more than six month in advance of your event or reservation date. Please allow up to 10 business days for processing and response.
This form should be filled out when your activity does not fall into one of the below categories. If the proposed activity does fall into one of the below categories, please complete the appropriate application for that activity.
Guided Rock/Ice Climbing;
Guided River trips including: Rafting, Kayaking, SUP, etc.;
Guided Mountain Biking;
Guided/Instructional Hang-gliding and para-gliding
Annual permits will be mailed to this address
Would you like to pick up your permit at the Jefferson County Open Space office, or have it mailed to the above address?
For Single Day Only
If you are requesting multiple dates or date ranges, please reflect those here
Please upload your Certificate of Insurance. Certificates of Insurance must include Jefferson County Open Space as a certificate holder and as an additionally insured.
1) Permit must be on-hand and visible during all portions of events
2) All commercial vehicles with logos must display JCOS vehicle tag (will be provided) while parked on JCOS managed land
3) Annual permits are valid through December 31; Daily permits are valid only for the date and time requested.
4) Permit does not grant exclusive access to any area, trail, or route
5) All vehicles must be parked in a legal manner and outside of designated lanes of traffic
6) Permit is for your group, and your group only. Additional companies or organizations may not be added and must apply for their own permit
7) No trails will be closed for event(s), and all participants are expected to abide by proper trial etiquette and yielding practices
8) All JCOS Park Regulations apply, outside of those which are specifically addressed in this permit. Rules and Regulations can be found at https://www.jeffco.us/1583/Regulations
9) Permit may be revoked by JCOS at any time for any reason, including cases of misconduct
I (we) hereby swear or affirm, under penalty of perjury, that the information given here is true and correct. The typed signature below indicates this individual, or the legal entity the individual represents (as applicable), accepts responsibility for the activity and agrees to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
By checking the box below, you will receive a copy of the application you are submitting; however, this does not mean that your application has been approved. We will contact you within 10 business days to let you know the status of your application.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field