Permitted activities must be appropriate to the mission of Jeffco Open Space; complement resource protection, visitor protection and interpretation goals; and not pose any potential for derogation of values or purposes for which JCOS was established.
Currently, the following guided and/or instructed activities may be permitted by JCOS:
Guided Rock/Ice Climbing;
Guided River trips including: Rafting, Kayaking, SUP, etc.;
Guided Mountain Biking;
Guided/Instructional Hang-gliding and para-gliding
Annual permits will be mailed to this address
Would you like to pick up your permit at the Jefferson County Open Space office, or have it mailed to the above address?
For Single Day Only
Max number of clients per occurance
Please select all activities that you would like to guide on JCOS managed land
If other, please explain
Please submit a list of all current guides who will be issued permits. If additional guides are added at a later date, please notify JCOS immediately so that we may send additional permits.
Please upload your Certificate of Insurance. Certificates of Insurance must include Jefferson County Open Space as a certificate holder and as an additionally insured.
Please submit a post-use, or predicted-use report of all services rendered on JCOS managed land with total number of clients and revenue.
A current brochure of your rates or your website that has the current information, such as rates, and trip dates. Please include an itinerary of the specific dates, areas of the park, and number of clients expected.
1) Permit must be on-hand and visible during all portions of events
2) All commercial vehicles with logos must display JCOS vehicle tag (will be provided) while parked on JCOS managed land
3) Annual permits are valid through December 31; Daily permits are valid only for the date and time requested.
4) Permit does not grant exclusive access to any area, trail, or route
5) All vehicles must be parked in a legal manner and outside of designated lanes of traffic
6) Permit is for your group, and your group only. Additional companies or organizations may not be added and must apply for their own permit
7) No trails will be closed for event(s), and all participants are expected to abide by proper trail etiquette and yielding practices
8) All JCOS Park Regulations apply, outside of those which are specifically addressed in this permit. Rules and Regulations can be found at https://www.jeffco.us/1583/Regulations
9) Permit may be revoked by JCOS at any time for any reason, including cases of misconduct
1) Rides must be divided into a maximum of 8 riders (bikes) per group, with groups congregating only at trail junctions or staging area
2) Pre-ride orientations must be given with an emphasis on multi-use trail etiquette and proper yielding
1) Guides may place a maximum of 3 ropes on individual routes at a single climbing area for a maximum of 90 minutes. The ropes must then be removed for a minimum of 30 minutes before being re-hung on the same route(s)
1) While on trails, groups must be divided into a maximum of 14 participants with multiple groups congregating only at trail junctions or staging area (in other words, spread out while on trails)
I (we) hereby swear or affirm, under penalty of perjury, that the information given here is true and correct. The typed signature below indicates this individual, or the legal entity the individual represents (as applicable), accepts responsibility for the activity and agrees to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
* indicates a required field