How do I change my name if I get married?

We will accept a marriage certificate recorded with the Jefferson County  Clerk and Recorder's Office in the real property records. We will only  change the last name, not add hyphenated names. You can also record a  deed from yourself, with your former name, to yourself with your current  name.

Show All Answers

1. How can I remove the name of a deceased person from the records?
2. How do I change my name if I get married?
3. How do I correct my name if it is spelled wrong in the records?
4. How do I remove or add someone's name or change the title on my property?
5. How is the acreage of my property determined, and how can I have it corrected if I disagree with your information?
6. We are having a dispute with our neighbors over a boundary line. Can you help?
7. What is a statement of authority, and why do you want us to record one?