How do I change the ownership of my property?

The Assessor’s Office is notified of changes in ownership by recorded documents. The Assessor’s Office is unable to provide legal advice as to which document you should record. You may want to contact an attorney or title company to assist you in choosing the correct document. The document you choose should be recorded at the Jefferson County Clerk & Recorder’s Office for public record. They can be reached at the Clerk and Recorder website or 303-271-8122.

Show All Answers

1. Why did my taxes go up?
2. How do I record a deed or other document?
3. Where do I get copies of deeds or other documents?
4. Why is the deed I recorded not listed in the online records?
5. Why hasn’t the property I bought/sold transferred in the Property Record Search tool?
6. I am trying to locate information on an easement.
7. I noticed a misspelling in your system’s record of my property.
8. Where can I find sales of residential properties on your website?
9. Where can I find sales of commercial properties?
10. I paid off my Mortgage. How do I get my deed?
11. How is my property zoned?
12. I have a question about mineral rights.
13. I have a question about a lien.
14. How do I change the ownership of my property?
15. Where can I get legal advice about my property?
16. Where can I find/pay my tax bill?