When will I begin receiving my child support payments?

If you already had a child support order when you applied, your Case Specialist will review your case to determine where the non-custodial parent is located and what action is needed to ensure you receive your child support. If the non-custodial parent is employed, your Case Specialist will send an income withholding order to the employer, which will ensure more consistent receipt of your child support. If you do not have a child support order yet, an order will need to be established before payments can be collected.

To register to view specific case status information online, visit the Colorado Department of Human Services website.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a charge for child support services?
2. Are there any other fees for services?
3. How can I apply for services to establish, enforce or modify my child support order?
4. What happens after I submit my application?
5. What if I don’t know where the non-custodial parent lives?
6. What if the non-custodial parent lives in another state?
7. When will I begin receiving my child support payments?
8. How will I receive my child support payments?
9. Do I have to close my case if I move to another state?
10. How do I make a payment?
11. What if I want to close my case?