What if the non-custodial parent lives in another state?

Child Support Services will review your case to determine if Colorado has legal authority over the non-custodial parent to establish, modify or enforce a child support order. If Colorado does not have legal authority, your Case Specialist will request assistance from the state in which the non-custodial parent resides. The timeframes for processing cases often are longer than when both parents reside in the same state.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a charge for child support services?
2. Are there any other fees for services?
3. How can I apply for services to establish, enforce or modify my child support order?
4. What happens after I submit my application?
5. What if I don’t know where the non-custodial parent lives?
6. What if the non-custodial parent lives in another state?
7. When will I begin receiving my child support payments?
8. How will I receive my child support payments?
9. Do I have to close my case if I move to another state?
10. How do I make a payment?
11. What if I want to close my case?