Which permits do I need to work in a floodplain?

A floodplain permit must be obtained before doing any work within a floodplain. If wetlands are present, a permit must be obtained from the US Army Corps of Engineers. Depending on the work within a floodplain, a floodplain study by a Professional Engineer licensed in Colorado may be required with the permit application. A Letter of Map Change through FEMA may also be required depending on the type of work.

Please refer to the Floodplain Section Section 30 of the Zoning Resolution for more information on Floodplain permits in Jefferson County.

Show All Answers

1. What is a floodplain?
2. Do I need flood insurance?
3. Which permits do I need to work in a floodplain?
4. Is my property within a floodplain?
5. My property has never flooded. Why am I required to purchase flood insurance?
6. Where can I learn more about purchasing flood insurance?
7. What can I do to protect my property and belongings in the event of a flood?
8. How do I build adjacent to a floodplain?