Where can I learn more about purchasing flood insurance?

A flood insurance policy may be purchased from any licensed property insurance agent or broker who has good standing in the State in which the agent is licensed or through any agent representing a Write Your Own (WYO) company, including an employee of the company authorized to issue the coverage. A WYO company is a private insurance company that writes flood insurance under a special arrangement with the Federal government.

To purchase flood insurance, you may contact your insurance agent or one of the WYO companies. You may call the National Flood Insurance Program toll-free number at 1-888-FLOOD29 or check your local Yellow Pages directory to obtain the name of an agent in your area who writes flood insurance. To learn more about flood insurance, check out FEMA’s web page.

Show All Answers

1. What is a floodplain?
2. Do I need flood insurance?
3. Which permits do I need to work in a floodplain?
4. Is my property within a floodplain?
5. My property has never flooded. Why am I required to purchase flood insurance?
6. Where can I learn more about purchasing flood insurance?
7. What can I do to protect my property and belongings in the event of a flood?
8. How do I build adjacent to a floodplain?