How do I change the ownership of my property?

The Assessor’s Office is notified of changes in ownership by recorded documents. The Assessor’s Office is unable to provide legal advice as to which document you should record. You may want to contact an attorney or title company to assist you in choosing the correct document. The document you choose should be recorded at the Jefferson County Clerk & Recorder’s Office for public record. They can be reached at the Clerk and Recorder website or 303-271-8122. Please note, the recording of a Marriage Certificate for public records will not change the ownership or name of an owner.

Show All Answers

1. How can I correct the physical (situs) address for my property, or update or correct my mailing address?
2. I noticed a misspelling in your system’s record of my property.
3. How do I change the ownership of my property?
4. How do I split my duplex or townhome?
5. How do I combine or split my property?
6. How do I remove the name of a deceased property owner from the deed?
7. How can I make changes to my property information or characteristics?