What types of claims may I file for?

The VA has several types of claims a Veteran or eligible family member may apply for. This may be a claim for an injury sustained in service, a condition a Veteran has now due to service (such as from exposure to toxins), enrollment into VA health care, assistance with burial after a Veteran passes, application for aid and attendance for those who need assistance with activities of daily living, a monthly pension for those Veterans who are low income, education, life insurance, and Colorado State benefits. 

Show All Answers

1. I have never filed a VA claim. How do I get started?
2. Is there a fee for assistance from the county Veteran Service office?
3. What types of claims may I file for?
4. What types of appointments does the Jefferson County Veteran Services office take?
5. What should I have with me at my appointment?
6. If I filed a claim in a different state or on my own or with a different organization, may I cone to Jefferson County for assistance?
7. I have an appeal running and am unhappy with my current VA power of attorney (POA)/representative. Can I switch?
8. I moved from one county to another. How do I notify the new county?