COVID-19 in Jefferson County
The COVID-19 situation in Jefferson County is concerning and, despite the county implementing a comprehensive mitigation plan, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment has moved Jeffco to Level Orange in the Dial Framework. Cases of COVID-19, hospitalizations and our testing positivity rate are increasing at an alarming pace.
We need everyone to come together to help curb this spread, so we can head into the holidays with a little more normalcy. Remember, as a community, we’ve done this before! Here’s what everyone can do:
- Wear a mask whenever you’re away from home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Watch your distance. Keep 6 ft. distancing from others who don’t live with you and avoid gatherings.
- Get tested and stay home if you’re sick. There are many free testing sites around Jeffco.
- Be kind to your neighbors. Check in on one another and support your friends and loved ones, especially those who live alone or are homebound.
- Support local businesses. Keep them open by slowing the spread. You can also show your support by ordering takeout or delivery from your favorite restaurant, keeping memberships when possible or purchasing a gift card to a local retailer this holiday season.
Think about all the reasons we have been working so hard to keep ourselves, loved ones and community healthy. Whether it’s to be able to enjoy celebrations together sooner, to protect our healthcare workers who are coping with burnout, or to help keep our schools and favorite businesses open, we have so many reasons to pull together to save lives.
Director of Environmental Health Services
Jefferson County Public Health