Talk with Your Teen About Friendship
Teen friendships happen both in person and online, and social media plays an important role. Adults can't regulate their teen's friendships, but they can model positive relationships and talk to youth about healthy social interactions. Ask your teen about the role social media plays on their friendships. Have conversations about their friends and yours. Be willing to share your advice – and listen to theirs.
The best way to show your teen you care? Be there. Have a talk with your teen. Learn more at twelvetalks.com.
Check Out Jeffco's Open For Business Spotlight
Have you seen some great businesses in the community creatively caring for their customers during COVID-19? Submit them for Jefferson County's Open For Business spotlight, which highlights businesses that are going above and beyond to create safe environments amid the coronavirus outbreak.
To be featured, a Jeffco business must be:
- Following public health guidelines
- Taking action to emphasize the safety of employees and customers
- Creating an atmosphere that will make customers feel confident that they can safely visit the business.
Submit your favorite business today!
You’re Invited: Webinars for Intl. Overdose Awareness Day
In observance of International Overdose Awareness Day this August, the Jefferson County Substance Use Partnership is facilitating two virtual training opportunities for community members:
Substance Use 101 + Naloxone Training - August 31, 6:00 p.m.
Cycle of Drug-Related Stigma Training - August 25, 6:00 p.m.
- One of the best ways to improve outcomes for substance use is a well-informed and engaged community. Join us to learn more about the scope of the crisis in Jeffco, where to go if you or a loved one need treatment/support and how to recognize and respond to an overdose.
- Through an evaluation of our own potential role in perpetuating drug-related stigma, we can address the way it impacts people's ability to access the support and resources needed to improve individual and community health.
We hope to see you there!
August Board of Health Meeting (Virtual)
The August Board of Health meeting will be held on August 18, beginning at 4 p.m. Find the Zoom information for joining virtually on our Board of Health webpage.