At approximately 7 a.m. on Saturday, July 27, a fire sprinkler line break occurred in the Jefferson County Administration & Courts Facility. The flooding damaged and has closed the offices of CASA, Pretrial and Court Services, Sheriff’s Office Civil Unit and part of the conference center, all located on the first floor, east side of the Administration section of the building.
Restoration efforts were started almost immediately, but these areas will be closed until further notice, and temporary relocation areas are being established:
- Court Services – Pre-trial will move to the 2nd floor, suite 2530
- Court Services – Community Services Case Managers will move to the Kittridge/Pleasant View conference rooms on the 1st floor, suite 1563/64
- Sheriff’s Office Civil Unit will move to the Dakota Building, 2nd floor; this building is located at 800 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden 80401 (same campus, different building)
- CASA will move to the Public Trustee’s Office on the 2nd floor, suite 2510
- Board of Equalization Hearings will be held in suite 1540, on the 1st floor
These locations are temporary and will likely shift as repairs and restoration are done. Please check back here and watch for wayfinding signs within the atrium of the Administration and Courts Facility for the latest information.
Our Facilities Management staff is working as quickly as possible to remedy this situation. We thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.