Winter is here, and that means we can experience very cold temperatures and extreme weather events. Please see the information below for severe and extreme weather community resources. Please consider sharing this information with those who you know may be in immediate need of short term support when the temperature drops.
Also see our Winter Preparedness page for resources to help increase your preparedness and resiliency to severe weather events.
Information on shelter options in Jefferson County
Severe Weather Shelter Network
- Congregate setting – requires registration prior to severe weather event
- Shelter status is listed on website each day
Evergreen Christian Outreach
- Must register prior to severe weather event: 303-670-1796 or visit EChO Food Bank located at 27888 Meadow Drive, Evergreen, CO 80439
- Once registered please call for shelter status: 720-598-2653 (720-598-COLD)
Westminster - Countryside Recreation Center - 10470 Oak St.
- Warming Shelter: Open Sunday, Jan. 29 through noon on Tuesday, Jan. 31
- Cots, restrooms, water, food and linens will be provided
- Max capacity is 45. If you have questions, please call 303-466-1738
Preparedness is key to staying safe and healthy this winter. Check out tips for preparing your vehicle and home, and how to handle snowstorms before and after they come your way. You can also find helpful information on what to include in your vehicle survival kit and home supply kit.