A cover letter is one of the most important parts of securing a new job. It gives employers the opportunity to a view a snapshot of your work experience while giving you the opportunity to share your accomplishments and why you'd be a great fit for the position.
The Jefferson County Business and Workforce Center is here to help you create a dynamic cover letter that can boost your chances of success in the job hunt.
Check out these 5 tips for a dynamic cover letter:
- Use the same header as your resume
- Keep the letter to a single page
- Use key words from the job description in your letter
- Request action and follow up
- Share a story to create a connection
Learn more at the Dynamic Cover Letters workshop on May 12 from 9a.m.-12 p.m. Register here!