It’s critical that your voice be heard. What are your needs and priorities? Which county services matter the most to you? As part of our community outreach on the budget, we are hosting Community Budget Forums in April and May. These meetings will be in-person 90-minute sessions in which attendees can get more information on our funding challenges and small-group discussions will be had on problems and possible solutions. These forums also provide an excellent opportunity for the commissioners to listen to your questions, feedback and input.
- Jefferson County continues to face financial challenges. Large cuts have already been made and beginning in 2023, the county is facing up to an additional $20 million in cuts in the General Fund.
- Without support from our voters for additional funding, these cuts will reduce programs and services. With more tough decisions ahead, we want to be sure that the community understands the factors involved and how these pieces fit together to shape the county’s financial reality.
- Learn more about these budget challenges and RSVP to attend a Community Budget Forum.
Community Budget Forums:
- April 4, 5:30-7 p.m., Arvada Library, 7525 W 57th Ave, Arvada, 80002
- April 11, 8:30 a.m., Columbine Library, 7706 W Bowles Ave, Littleton, 80127
- April 12, 8:30-10 a.m., Red Rocks Community College, 13300 W 6th Ave Frontage Road, Lakewood, 80228
- April 21, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Standley Lake Library, 8485 Kipling Street, Arvada, 80005
- May 4, 5:30-7 p.m., Our Lady of the Pines, 9444 Eagle Cliff Road, Conifer, 80433
- May 9, 5:30-7 p.m., Lakewood Library, 10200 W. 20th Ave, Lakewood, 80215