Jefferson County Human Services is currently experiencing higher demand for public assistance benefits. Phone calls and lobby appointment wait times may be longer at this time. For quick service, including checking eligibility, applying for benefits, checking case status, or reporting changes, visit Colorado PEAK -- available 24/7. For other programs, see all the different ways to access resources remotely or schedule an appointment.
Programs available through PEAK include:
- Food Assistance/SNAP
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP)
- Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND)
- Colorado Works (CO Works) (state name for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or TANF)
- Health First Colorado (Colorado Medicaid)
- Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+)
Always use CO.gov/PEAK (which redirects to the official, safe, state site at https://coloradopeak.secure.force.com) to apply for and update benefits. Visit the PEAK website to:
- Check eligibility for food, medical, or cash assistance.
- Apply for benefits - complete a PEAK application online and submit electronically.
- Check benefits - once determined eligible for benefits, check the status online.
- Report changes - report any changes to your case remotely.
Other ways to access PEAK:
- MyCoBenefits smartphone app makes it easier to report changes, upload important documents using the mobile device camera, check EBT balances, and review transactions and expenses.
- PEAKHealth smartphone app is available for current Medicaid and CHP+ members who have a PEAK account.
- PEAK Chatbot is a tool ready to help you sign into PEAK, make a payment, and more.
More information on Colorado PEAK is available on the Jefferson County Human Services PEAK webpage. To see information on other Human Services programs visit jeffco.us/human-services.