In support of our Local Government community, Jefferson County is providing a funding opportunity for local governments within Jefferson County. The COVID-19 Expense Reimbursement Award for Local Governments program opened on Monday, August 31, 2020 and applications can be submitted through Monday, September 11, 2020.
Local governments may apply for assistance to apply toward COVID-19 related expenses incurred from March 1 to December 30, 2020. This is an expense reimbursement application; as such, documentation must be submitted with a summary of all COVID-19 related expenses and dollar amounts being requested. For more information on what qualifies as a COVID-19 related expense, please see the categories listed below from the U.S. Department of Treasury or additional guidance on the U.S. Department of Treasury website.
Under the CARES Act, funds may be used to cover expenses that:
- Are necessary expenditures incurred due to the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Expenditures that were not accounted for in the budget most recently approved as of March 27, 2020
- Expenditures that were incurred during the period that begins on March 1, 2020 and ends on December 30, 2020.
- Award amounts will be determined based on the type of local government and the degree of community impact of each organization as well as other factors.
There will be consideration for the importance of the local government based on the public necessity, welfare, and security of the community. Award amounts will depend upon the number of applicants, availability of funds and demonstrated need. Once funding decisions are made, applicants will receive a notification which will outline all terms and conditions of receiving the funding. Applications will be reviewed by a panel to determine eligibility and award amount. There will be a scoring process based on the criteria set forth above.
Who can apply?
Local governments that have jurisdictional boundaries within Jefferson County are eligible for this funding. Local governments located outside of Jefferson County are not eligible for this grant and should contact the Colorado Department of Local Government for information on the statewide grant program for local governments.
Additional eligibility criteria:
- The Local Government has been operating at least one year prior to the date of the award application.
- Only one metropolitan district with overlapping boundaries may apply for award. For example: Verve Metropolitan District No. 1 and No. 2 may not both apply for award, only one district may apply.