Did you know that every year Jefferson County employees come together for a food drive to benefit local food banks?
We could not stop a 26-year tradition of serving our community, especially in a time when our community needs the most support.
This year Jefferson County is supporting our community through an all monetary and virtual giving format and asking the public to get involved.
We are asking Jefferson County residents to match the amount of meals given by Jefferson County government employees. Check back here on May 21 for the amount to match.
Jeffco Gives Week is an opportunity to support local food banks and ultimately, support our neighbors, co-workers, and community. If you need support, Jeffco is here for you. If you can give, every dollar provides three meals!
Goal: 21,570 meals (to match the 21,570 meals donated by Jeffco employees)
- May 13 to 20 – open to Jeffco employees
- May 21 to 27 – open to Jeffco residents to match the amount of meals given by employees
Benefiting five local food banks:
- Online at Online on the Jeffco Human Services Foundation webpage
- Text GIVE or DONATE to 720-513-1408. You will receive a link to complete your donation.
- Send a check. More information is available on the giving page.
- Facebook donate. Details coming soon.
More opportunities to get involved:
- Check back here for daily updates on meals donated.
- Follow Jefferson County on Facebook for a live kick off event to the citizen drive on May 21
- Share with your networks
We have the opportunity to make a great impact. Thank you, Jeffco!
*All money collected will be distributed evenly to each food bank. Thank you to Jeffco Human Services Foundation for logistical support in distribution of funds.