There is an expanding global outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus, named COVID-19. Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) is preparing for and aggressively managing this outbreak in collaboration with other national, state, and local partners. Our number one priority is protecting the health and safety of our community.
Colorado is on a statewide Stay-At-Home Order effective March 26 at 8:00 a.m. until April 26. More information about this public health order.
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, JCOS Headquarters, Lookout Mountain Nature Center, and Hiwan Museum facilities will be closed until further notice. All scheduled education classes, programs, and public meetings are also canceled for the safety of our employees, volunteers, and community.
We understand the need to get outside during these times of quarantine and social distancing, and therefore the parks, trails, and outdoor restroom facilities will remain open for public use. However, with increased numbers of individuals out at the parks, we ask that you please keep the community safe by following the same guidelines as other public spaces:
- DO NOT visit parks and public areas; stay home, seek medical care
- DO NOT gather in groups larger than 4
- Practice social distancing of at least 6’ in parks, trailheads, trails, and climbing crags
- Keep dogs on leash at ALL times
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and/or hand washing supplies; many of our parks and restrooms lack running water. Sanitize/wash hands after touching public surfaces such as railings, benches, and handles
- Wear a bandana or face mask; cover your nose and mouth at the trailhead or when passing others on the trail
- High-risk visitors, use discretion for park visits and public restroom use
If any park rules, regulations, or public safety concerns are witnessed at any Jeffco Open Space parks please report this activity to Reporting Stay-At-Home Violations. For non-emergency, non-medical questions for law enforcement related to the Stay-at-Home Order, DO NOT call 911 or dispatch centers. Community members can call the Colorado State Patrol’s new info call center at 1-833-598-5553, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., 7 days a week or Jeffco Sheriff’s Non-emergency number at 303-980-7300.
Jeffco has compiled a list of resources available to support our community during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please share these critical services, FAQs, and resources with your friends and loved ones, and check back often as this page will be updated when new resources are available https://www.jeffco.us/3999/Coronavirus-Disease-2019-COVID-19