The Jefferson County Historical Commission (JCHC) is seeking original articles relating to the rich and captivating history of Jefferson County. You can be a published author!
Whether you are a student or an adult, the JCHC invites you to research and write about Jeffco history, with the opportunity for your work to be published in our award-winning annual magazine, Historically Jeffco.
Entries must be received by May 1. Entry details include:
- Youth category (Grades 4-12) — 1,000 words or less
- Adults category — 1,000-2,500 words
- Entrants need not live in Jefferson County, CO
- Topics must reflect some aspect of Jeffco history, such as: early residents, homesteaders, ranchers, railroads, water issues, archaeology, genealogy, historic preservation, museum collections, etc.
- Entries must adhere to the magazine’s Writer’s Guidelines
For complete program rules and an official entry form, visit the application form.
Founded in 1976, the JCHC serves to preserve Jeffco’s rich and diverse heritage; protect the county’s historical sites, and celebrate the people and places that make Jeffco significant to our state and our nation.