The original item was published from December 17, 2020 7:49 AM to March 1, 2022 1:34 PM
The crossing of Dutch Creek under Coal Mine Avenue is severely undersized for large storm events resulting in overtopping of Coal Mine Avenue. In addition, the existing culverts are near the end of their lifespan and need to be replaced. In partnership with Mile High Flood District (MHFD), Jefferson County worked with Icon Engineering to improve capacity and stabilize the channel of Dutch Creek.
The project highlights consist of the following improvements:
- A three cell 14-foot by 6-foot box culvert will be constructed to carry the flows of Dutch Creek.
- The channel of Dutch Creek will be realigned.
- Sculpted concrete drop structures and boulder walls will be installed upstream and downstream of the culvert.
- Realignment of a portion of the Foothills Park and Recreation District concrete trail.
- Landscaping will be installed along the new creek alignment.
Project Update (as of February 3, 2022):
All improvements are complete and the project was finished in January 2022.