Improvements will be completed at the intersection of South Kipling Parkway and West Bowles Avenue from north of West Fair Avenue to north of South Jellison Circle.
View this project on the Jeffco Roadway Project dashboard (an interactive mapping application). Under the Capital Improvement Project list at the right-hand side of the dashboard, scroll to and click "Kipling Pkwy Improvements". There are two links and both apply to this project.
This project will improve the intersection of South Kipling Parkway and West Bowles Avenue, and do the following:
- Replace existing span wire traffic signals with mast arm traffic signals and four new traffic signal poles.
- Remove and reconstruct portions of existing concrete medians, curb ramps, curb, gutter, and sidewalk.
- Construct a third northbound through lane on South Kipling Parkway.
- Construct drainage improvements.
- Patch asphalt in select areas and complete the intersection with a nominal two-inch mill and overlay.
This project has been awarded to SEMA Construction, Inc. in the amount of $2,387,458.90.
Project Update (as of January 9, 2023):
Through the end of March, crews will complete the following construction activities:
- Finish items including landscaping, utility work, etc.
Please proceed with caution through the work area and watch for construction crews in travel lanes. There will be times when the number of traveled lanes on South Kipling Parkway will be reduced through the project site.
If you have additional project questions or concerns, please call the project hotline at 720-615-0020 or send an email.