Registering a Vehicle Purchased with Cash


  • If you recently purchased a vehicle with cash from a dealer or a private party, you will need:
  • When you have all of that, if you purchased from a dealer, you may register your vehicle online or come into one of our offices. If you purchased from a private party, you need to come into one of our offices.


  • Transfer plates: If you wish to transfer license plates, please bring the plates and registration from your previous vehicle into an office.
  • Titling document: The dealership must supply you with proper titling documents within 45 days, either by mail or customer pick up. The private party should give you proper title, odometer reading, and emission test results at the time of sale.
  • Proof of insurance: Proof of insurance is required for registration (trailers exempt).

Need additional support?

Please contact us before coming in to see if you can avoid a trip.