Visit an Inmate
By scheduling an on-site visitation you must travel to our facility and conduct the visit from a video visitation terminal. All on-site visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Visits can be scheduled by:
- Using a video terminal in the Detention Services Division's visitation area (200 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, Colorado). Jail lobby and visitor's parking is located in the upper SW parking lot off Jefferson County Parkway and Weirmer Street.
- Visit the Securus Tech website then click on 'Schedule an On-Site Visitation; at the bottom of the page.
Each inmate is allowed one, two, or three 20 minute on-site visits per week depending on the inmate's housing unit. The visiting week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
Tips for a Successful Visit:
Please be here 10 to 15 minutes before the visit and check-in with the receptionist or deputy
Have a current photo ID for all visitors over 18
Wear appropriate clothing or you may be asked to reschedule
Please be respectful of others and use clean language and inside voices
** Visits start at the scheduled time and end 20 minutes later, if you are late the visit is shorter.
On-site visits are allowed daily between:
- 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- 1:10 to 4:30 p.m.
- 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Friends and family can schedule unlimited visits with an inmate remotely or by video visitation. See the remote visitation information below.
By scheduling remote visitation, you can participate using a computer, webcam, and high-speed internet access. Charges apply.
Remote visitation hours are daily between 8:10 to 10:30 a.m., 1 to 4:30 p.m., and 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. The visiting week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. To visit remotely you will need to do the following:
- Create a visitation account at the Securus Tech website
- Request access to visit
- Once you are approved to be a remote visitor, you can then schedule remote visits
- You will be required to pay for your visitation session at the time you schedule the session