Dealer desk operation
- Drop-off service: We strongly encourage dealers to drop off their paperwork. There is no limit to the number or date of titles left for drop-off service. Drop-off titles are processed in time/date order with all incoming mail. Any specific processing time is not guaranteed or implied.
- Over the counter service: The Dealer Desk will process up to 3 transactions over the counter (while you wait) for runners from a licensed dealership, only if the titles are within 2 weeks of the customer’s temporary tag expiring. If you have more than 3 transactions, you can pull another ticket after your initial 3 transactions have been processed.
Dealer desk hours - all locations
- Drop-off: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Over the counter: Monday - Friday*, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 - 4 p.m.**
- *The Dealer Desk will not be available for over the counter transactions on the last business day of the month or the day after a holiday closure. See Dealer Desk Closures for upcoming dates.
- **Evergreen’s dealer desk is only available from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Dealerships that wish to allow runners to process transactions through Jefferson County will need to submit a Dealer Authorization Form along with a copy of photo ID for all authorized runners. The authorization is valid for a single calendar year (2019, 2020, 2021...) and must be updated each year.
The following are resources for help with address verification: