Jefferson County's proximity to Denver, and its desirability as a place to live, make for significant traffic volume, which sometimes creates serious traffic problems.

How Do I Report Traffic Violations in Jefferson County?

  • To report dangerous driving in progress, please call 911.
  • To report traffic violations or aggressive driving in Jefferson County, contact the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office at 303-271-0211.
  • To report recurring traffic issues in your neighborhood, call our KOPS hotline at 303-271-KOPS (5677)
  • To report parking problems or abandoned vehicles, call 303-271-0211
  • If you live in a community with a homeowner's association, you may report any traffic-related concerns to your HOA
  • To report a traffic accident that is not occurring, and happened in the past please visit this website. Filing a report will take approximately 15 minutes and will generate a case report number.