Concealed Handgun Permits
We accept new and renewal CHP applications online only.
A valid personal email address is required for all applicant submissions.
- All New and Renewal applications and payments will be required to be submitted electronically.
- Our online applications are processed using a third-party service called Permitium.
- Follow this link to the application website: https://jeffersonco.permitium.com/ccw/start
- For a new CHP application, you will also be required to schedule a Records Unit fingerprint appointment through the online application service.
If you should have any questions regarding a concealed handgun permit you can email us at [email protected] or call us at 303-271-5542.
Applications for concealed handgun permits are accepted Monday through Friday (except county holidays), 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Records Unit.
- Appointments are required (See above for details)
- Incomplete packets will not be accepted
- Applicants must be 21 years of age at the time of application
- A copy of your original training certificate is required at the time of application
- Fees are non-refundable
- You must submit a concealed handgun permit application (new and renewal) to the county sheriff’s office where you reside, own property or own a business.
- Concealed Handgun Permit Statutes in Colorado
- A list of states that maintain Reciprocity and recognize Colorado permits in their state
- Frequently Asked Questions about concealed handgun permits