Who We Are
The reserves volunteer their time and talents to help the sheriff's office deliver its day-to-day law enforcement services and to assist during emergencies. All reserve deputies are required to maintain the same high standards of conduct required of any deputy sheriff.
To apply for a reserve position, you must meet these minimum qualifications:
- Be 21 years of age
- Have no felony convictions
- Submit to background check
- Be a high school graduate
- Submit to medical and psychological tests
- Possess a valid Colorado driver's license
- Possess qualities of honesty, maturity, self-discipline and sound judgment
- Able to perform essential job functions
Approved candidates will attend a 300 hour reserve sheriff's academy.
What We Do
Reserves are given a variety of assignments such as:
- Bicycle and mounted-patrol duties
- Crime scene security
- Crime-prevention presentations
- Detention and civil operations
- Neighborhood speed trailer deployment
- Patrol and law enforcement duties
- Prisoner / fugitive extraditions
- Search and rescue
We will begin recruiting for reserves positions in the first quarter of 2023.
Please check this web page again to get details. You can also check our job listing page here. If you have questions, contact the training and recruiting section at 303-271-5332.