Women in Law Enforcement Summit 2023
Meet the Women of JCSO
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
Women of Law Enforcement Summit
Thursday, October 26th, 2023
3 p.m.- 7 p.m. on Oct. 26
(Open house hours - Come when you can!)
Sheriff's Office 200 Jefferson County Pkwy, Golden
Learn about the women behind the badges and the civilians working in the sheriff's office. It's a great opportunity to also learn about the various career options available to the women in county law enforcement. This is a FREE event.
Women's Summit Opportunities
- Get hands-on with the uniform and equipment
- Explore career opportunities at 23 booths through out the night.
- Learn about special initiatives to support our community
- Ask questions about raising a family while being a Sheriff's Deputy
- Sign up for ride-alongs, jail tours, or simulated training
- Experience our family-friendly culture and how we support one another
- Learn about our hiring process, training programs, and career paths.
- Understand the 30x30 initiative and why Sheriff Marinelli signed it.
- Discover how your size doesn't matter, and interpersonal skills will drive your success.
This summit is bringing women together to empower one another and engage the next generation in finding their role in preserving a safe community through law enforcement.
- Download the Women's Summit Flyer here. [PDF]
- Download the Women's Summit Agenda here. [PDF]
- Click here for directions to the JCSO [https://www.jeffco.us/834/Headquarters]
- The Center Classroom is midway on the exterior stairs along the west side of the complex—Park either on the upper south or lower north lots.
- For ADA access, please park in the lower north visitor parking. Volunteers will be available to escort those who need elevator access from the Visitor's Entrance.
3:00 PM Welcoming Remarks - Sheriff Reggie Marinelli
- Why Women Make Great Law Enforcement
3:30 PM Hiring and Belonging - What to Expect
- Application Process
- Academy Expectations
- Benefits, Family
5:00 PM Panel Discussions
- Specialized Units/Promotional Opportunities/Process and Job Changes
- Overcoming Personal Adversity
- Panel Discussion - challenges, perks, concerns?
6:00 PM Closing Remarks
Exhibit Tables Open House (3 pm - 7 pm)
Did You Know?
Despite women's stride in the workforce, women still make up only 12 percent of sworn officers and 3 percent of police leadership in the United States. The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office is looking to change this by discussing the value of women in law enforcement and recruiting more women to support their communities in these unique ways.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office is interested in gathering women to have an honest discussion about what it's like to be a woman in law enforcement. We will explain how we contribute and why more women should consider law enforcement careers.
One Office - Countless Careers
Meet the women of the JCSO who successfully serve our community in both sworn and civilian capacities. Representatives will be present to discuss the various careers and opportunities at the JCSO, including:
- Animal Control
- Civilian Professional Roles
- Emergency Management
- Special Assignments (Drones, K9, Firearms, and more)
- Support Services
Current Job Opportunities
Please visit our webpage Join the JCSO to see the current job openings.