File a Civil Rights Complaint
Jefferson County Human Services (JCHS) must ensure that protected classes are granted accommodations in the accessing, and the granting of, programs, services and activities provided by the County. Discrimination is not permitted against protected classes in relation (but not limited) to:
- The use of the county’s physical facilities
- Intake or application procedures
- Caseload assignments
- Determination of eligibility or redetermination of eligibility
- The amount and type of benefits extended to the applicant or member as a part of the Medical Assistance or Food Assistance programs.
This Client Civil Rights Plan and Complaint Process (PDF) establishes guidelines by which staff and customers will know how to proceed with complaints and grievances related to alleged discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, creed, political beliefs or disability in the provision of services within JCHS.
- Questions related to the Cornerstone environment, including technical questions related to training transcripts, should be directed to the Staff Development Division.
- Questions related to SNAP programmatic requirements and civil rights.
- For questions related to HCPF civil rights and non-discrimination and related training requirements, please submit a County Relations webform ticket and select ticket type “County Oversight.”