- 2023/2024 Property Valuation
2023/2024 Property Valuation
If you are a residential property owner in Jefferson County, you likely received a Notice of Value alerting you to a change in your property's assessed value in 2023. Colorado law mandates Assessors to revalue all real estate in their counties based on a specific appraisal date, which for this year was June 30, 2022. Previous valuations are disregarded, and only sales from July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2022, are considered for analysis. The NOV postcard you received represents the new value determined from sales in that study period.
You likely noticed a few things this year. First, property values across Colorado are up. Second, your NOV includes a tax estimate that was previously not required, and may appear higher than you expected. We understand that both of these things may seem alarming at first, and we want to provide you with the information you need and reassurance about what those values mean. To better understand your property valuation and prepare for a potential appeal, we encourage you to take advantage of our resources, including our comparable sales search tool, available on our website. We also encourage you to read the materials we have provided on this page with more information about how we calculate values, what your tax estimate means, and how to use the comparable sales search.
Learn More About This Year's Revaluation
- 2023-2024 Property Valuation Dates and Information
- Current Assessment Rate Listing for All Property Types/Tax Classes
- Letter From the Assessor Regarding May 2023 Notices of Value
- Press Release: Jefferson County Residential Values Up 36.5% Since 2021
- Press Release: Metro Denver Assessors Announce Real Property Valuations
Review Your Property Information
Mass Appraisal Valuation Documents
- 2023 Assessor's Office Appraisal Data Dictionary (XLS)
- 2023 Commercial Values (XLS)
- 2023 Historical Time Trend Adjustments (XLS)
- 2023 Inflationary Trends (PDF)
- 2023 Mass Appraisal Residential Valuation (PDF)
- 2023 Residential Improved Time Trending Calculations (XLS)
- 2023 Vacant Land Time Trending Calculations (XLS)
- 2023 Valuation Summary - Commercial Improved Property
- Comparable Sales Adjustments May 2023 (PDF)
The Appeal Filing Deadline Was June 8
The appeal filing deadline has passed. If an appeal was filed, a Notice of Determination was mailed by August 15th, and any change in value was finalized and reflected on our website by the same date.
Property Owners had until September 15, 2023, to appeal their determination to the Board of Equalization.
A request for an abatement for tax year 2023 may not be filed until after January 1, 2024. For more information on this process, please review our Abatement Petition page.