Notice to Resident - Concrete Replacement Program
2024 CONCRETE REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
This letter is to inform you of the upcoming 2024 Concrete Replacement Program in your neighborhood.
Work will commence within the next few business days; weather permitting. The County’s contractor, Silva Construction Inc. will be replacing the designated damaged curb, gutter and sidewalk. In an effort to minimize any inconvenience to you and to expedite this project, we are asking for your cooperation. Locations to be replaced will be marked out in pink paint ahead of the work. We ask that you do not park where paint/cones are placed to allow work to be completed in a safe and timely manner. Please contact Jefferson County Road and Bridge Division at the number below if you have any questions about the work.
- Please trim back any vegetation in your yard, behind the concrete so that the vegetation is not destroyed during concrete removal
- Please do not remove any flags, stakes, or markers that have been placed for location purposes
- Please remove vehicles from designated work areas and driveways by 6:30 AM
- Please do not water your lawns during working hours
- Please do not drive on new concrete for 5-7 days (Once cones are removed by the contractor you may drive on the new concrete)
- Please check your sprinklers and irrigation system 24 hours after work is complete
- Contact number below to report any damage so that our contractor can make repairs
- Please be aware of the heavy equipment and increased activity while in the area. In addition, please ensure that children are kept well away from the work area for their safety.
- Driveway curb cuts are no longer provided unless there is one existing.
On occasion, Jefferson County may remove and replace a portion of a property owner's driveway in order to ensure proper drainage. The Road and Bridge Division is not responsible for the cost or coordination of driveway replacements. Property owners are responsible for hiring their own contractors and obtaining the proper permit through the Jefferson County Transportation & Engineering Division. Permit information can be found on the Transportation & Engineering website.
We ask for your cooperation in observing the Traffic Control barricades, flaggers, warning devices, and please do not park on or around the pink paint. Working hours will start at 6:30 A.M., Monday through Friday, with Saturdays if needed. In case of inclement weather, work will be delayed until the following day.
For further information concerning this project, please contact Jefferson County Road & Bridge Division at (303) 271-5295 or go to the Weekly Schedules for the upcoming week’s schedule. Also, for more detailed information please go to the Road and Bridge website.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Leo Kenkel, Engineering Inspector