- Enterprise Pages
- Your County
- Innovation at Jeffco
- Innovation Fellowships
The Jefferson County Innovation and Digital Transformation Fellowship is a one-year program that equips aspiring innovators with the skills to improve government services through new technologies and solutions. It is a full-time role with a salary and limited medical benefits that can act as a launch pad for a career in civic innovation and technology.
Fellowship positions become available throughout the year.
Current Fellowship Openings
Potential Fellowship Openings
Below are examples of previous and potential openings. Please contact us if you have questions about these roles as they may become available again in the future.
- Business Intelligence
- Develops dashboards and analyses to facilitate data-driven decision-making at the county.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Leverages spatial/geographic technology to improve government service delivery and generate new insights.
- Grants and Partnerships Coordination
- Establishes relationships with community partners, applies for grants, and pursues innovation initiatives.
- Innovation Academy Coordination
- Designs and facilitates workshops for Jeffco employees on idea generation, process mapping, problem solving, human-centered design, and other topics related to employee-driven innovation.
- Innovation Internship Coordination
- Oversees the Innovation Internship program and a portfolio of intern projects related to researching and piloting emerging technologies.
- Project Management
- Leads projects and analyses for new technologies and solutions that support digital transformation at the county.
A Jefferson County Innovation Fellowship is your launch pad for a career in civic innovation and digital transformation. Fellows work directly with subject matter experts across the county and provide critical support for a variety of initiatives. Through the experience, Fellows improve their technical and business acumen with the guidance of mentors and practical experiences. We are developing the next generation of leaders in government and technology!
The Fellowship program is open to all individuals with a bachelor’s degree and relevant experience such as previous internships that required technology or analytical skills. A graduate degree and/or some work experience is preferred. Applicants must be Colorado residents at time of hire. Finalists are selected based on academic and/or work achievements, demonstrated leadership potential, commitment to public service, communication skills, technical skills, initiative, creativity, and positive attitude.
The position is a hybrid one that combines remote work with some onsite work at the county campus in Golden, Colorado. Jefferson County Innovation Fellows are members of the Innovation Team within the Business Innovation & Technology department.
3500 Illinois Street
Laramie Building - Suite 2500
Golden, CO 80419