Laptop Lending Program
Finding a job is hard, and without a computer or WiFi it can be almost impossible! That’s why Jefferson County Business & Workforce Center and Jefferson County Public Libraries are making laptops more accessible for all Jefferson County job seekers. Starting November 9th, you can borrow a laptop from the Library and use it for up to two months for your job search. Reserve a laptop (for free!) by visiting any Jefferson County Public Library location or by calling 303.235.5275.
Need help with your job search? Jefferson County Business & Workforce Center and the Jefferson County Public Library are here to help! See below for free workshops, resources and services.
Chromebook Basics (virtual, 2 hours)
- Setting up the Chromebook (Visual Guide to get started)
- Discovering things you need to know to succeed
- Exploring Chromebook keyboard differences & top row keys
- Practicing best tips & tricks using a Chromebook
- Creating a level of comfort to zip around a Chromebook like a Pro!
- Register Now!
How to Use Gmail and Google Docs for Connecting with Employers (virtual, 2 hours)
- Creating a new document on Google Drive and MS Office 365
- Attaching a document to your Gmail; Gmail etiquette
- Utilizing basic skills (bold, font size, alignment, bullets, etc.) to create an effective resume
- Setting up a functional resume format
- Register Now!
How to Search for & Apply for Jobs Using a Chromebook (virtual, 2 hours)
- Searching for jobs in all the best places
- Applying online to stand out from the crowd
- Attaching a resume and cover letter to an online application
- Register Now!
Do you have Chromebook technical or software questions? Looking for assistance with resume formatting? Needing some guidance with online applications? We’re ready to help – just register for a one-on-one session with one of our Training Services team members and get the assistance you need. The Chromebook Lab is scheduled on Tuesday afternoons and Thursday mornings through Jefferson County Business & Workforce Center. All labs are virtual.
If you need assistance with troubleshooting, consider the Book a Librarian option offered through the Jefferson County Public Library. Additional workshops are available through the Jefferson County Public Library.
Resources & Services
Below are a variety of additional resources available to all jobseekers.
Looking for Jobs and Not Finding What You Want?
Jefferson County Business & Workforce Center has several suggestions to assist you in your job search.
- Register in Connecting Colorado to access a robust Colorado job board and receive job leads that match your profile. You can also upload your resume for employers to access.
- Consider reaching out to people in your network to share with them what kind of position you are seeking. Networking is one of the best ways to find a good fit for your skills.
- Create or update your LinkedIn profile and use LinkedIn as a tool to find the job that you’ve been looking for. LinkedIn is a great job search tool, as well as a networking tool!
- Take the time to review two Colorado-centric job boards that provide access to a variety of opportunities: andrewhudsonsjobslist.com and coloradononprofits.org
- Explore glassdoor.com or indeed.com to discover which companies are hiring.
- Schedule an appointment with one of our Career Coaches to brainstorm options and learn about opportunities for additional support.
- Attend one or more of our FREE, virtual, facilitator-led workshops such as Job Search Tips.
- Visit our Resource Center and meet with an Employment Navigator Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. We are located in the Laramie Building at 3500 Illinois Street, Golden, CO 80401
Finding your next job and career is important. Our Career Coaches have several resources they use to help you find your next job or career. Career Coaches can connect you to a variety of resources. They can also assist with resumes & cover letters, practice interviews, general unemployment questions, lay-off/termination guidance, as well as upskilling and training opportunities. Discover more about how they can help you and schedule a one-on-one consultation.
Book a Librarian
You can request to Book a Librarian through this online form or by calling the main library number at 303.235.5275. The library will respond as quickly as possible, which may take a few business days. We then find a mutually agreeable time to “meet” for up to 45-60 minutes. The team can assist with a variety of items, including learning to use Chromebooks or Google products, finding or using job seeking/career building resources and information, Zoom and other digital literacy basics, etc.
The Business & Workforce Center, a proud partner of the American Job Center Network, serves Jefferson, Clear Creek and Gilpin counties, and is an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. This program is funded by U.S. Department of Labor and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Business & Workforce Center
3500 Illinois St, Suite 1600
Golden, CO 80401
In-Person Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
By Phone Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.