To enhance wildfire risk reduction efforts countywide.
Members will work collaboratively to:
- Help inform countywide policies that affect mitigation, funding, planning and zoning codes, community education, advocacy and more.
- Provide counsel and track progress of the Jefferson County Wildfire Risk Reduction Task Force's 2020 recommendations.
- Continue to enhance two-way communication, information sharing and coordination among stakeholders (e.g. Jeffco All-Hazard Mitigation Advisory Committee) with a focus primarily in the wildland-urban interface.
- Leverage finite resources and explore new funding sources for public safety in high wildfire risk areas.
- Explore promising practices, including inviting local, state and national speakers to inform how these practices may inform the county's efforts.
- Report progress, opportunities, and challenges annually to the Board of County Commissioners.
Regular meetings shall be held a minimum of 12 times a year, or more frequently as requested by a majority of the Commission members or by the Chair.
Membership will consist of:
- (1) Jefferson County Commissioner
- (1) Jefferson County Sheriff
- (1) Jefferson County Deputy Manager
- (1) Jefferson County Planning & Zoning Director
- (1) Jefferson County Emergency Management Director
- (1) Jefferson County Open Space Director
- (4) At-Large County Resident
- (3) Mountain Area Fire Chief
- (1) Municipalities Fire Chief
- (3) Subject Matter Experts (e.g. water district, conservation district, mountain parks, forest service)