Frequently Asked Questions
Do you notarize documents?
No, we do not notarize documents.
Can I obtain a marriage or civil union license at a Jeffco DMV location?
No. At this time, we are only issuing marriage and civil union licenses at our Recording office in Golden.
Do you handle matters related to trusts, estates, and wills?
No. The county courts department handles probate proceedings. See their page for more information.
I paid off my house. Where is my Deed?
When you purchased your home, a Deed was recorded to transfer ownership from the seller into your name. That document is the Deed (title) to your home. The Deed of Trust (mortgage) that you paid off is separate from ownership documents. Once you have paid off your loan, the mortgage company will record a Release of Deed of Trust form with the county. Because most documents are recorded electronically, the county may not have a physical piece of paper to mail to you.
Can I obtain criminal records or documents related to judicial proceedings?
The county courts department is the custodian of criminal and judicial records. We are a different department.
Do you issue death certificates or birth certificates?
No. Death and birth certificates are obtained from the Public Health Vital Records department. See their page for application information and contact information.
Do you maintain divorce records?
No. Contact the county courts department for information on divorce proceedings or to obtain divorce records.
- Marriage License Information (PDF)
- Marriage Absentee Affidavit (PDF)
- Marriage Application Copy Request Form (PDF)
- Marriage License Copy Request Form (PDF)
- Marriage Social Security Affidavit Form (PDF)
- Proxy Marriage License (PDF)
- Civil Union Absentee Affidavit (PDF)
- Civil Union Application Copy Request Form (PDF)
- Civil Union Guardian Consent Form (PDF)
- Civil Union License Copy Request (PDF)
- Civil Union Social Security Affidavit (PDF)
- Document Copy Order Form (PDF)
- Document Recording (PDF)
- Military Discharge-DD214 Request (PDF)
- Recording and Copy Fees (PDF)