Address, Name Change or Loss of CHP

Change of Address

Effective at 5 PM, November 25th, 2020 - All JCSO public lobbies are closed, with the exception of the jail bonding lobby. The reopening of the lobbies will be assessed in the coming weeks.

Posted November 22 - We are accepting Change of Address applications online only. 

If the card has not yet expired, change your address with the county that issued your permit. When it is time to renew your permit, the permit must be renewed in the county in which you currently reside. Notification of a change of address or name change must be made to Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO) within 30 days.   A new card will be issued and mailed.

Name Change

Effective November 22, 2020, we will begin accepting Name Change applications online only. 

A valid personal email address is required for all applicant submissions.

Please follow this link to the application website:

Proof of your name change must also be uploaded into the online application. This can be a copy of your marriage certificate, court documents, or a current / updated driver’s license. The permit holder will be prompted and required to make an appointment at the time of the online application to be re-fingerprinted.  The prints will then be mailed to CBI / FBI.  A new card will be issued at the time of the appointment. 

Lost or Stolen Permits

Lost, stolen, or destroyed permits must be reported to JCSO within three business days. Please submit the notarized Stolen, Lost or Destroyed Permit Form (PDF) via email to .  You may also make an appointment online  to submit the notarized Stolen, Lost or Destroyed Permit Form (PDF). A new card will be issued and mailed.


Within 30 days after a permittee changes the address or name specified on his or her permit or within three business days after his or her permit is lost, stolen, or destroyed, the permittee shall notify the issuing Sheriff of the change of address or name, or permit loss, theft,  or destruction. Failure to notify the Sheriff pursuant to C.R.S.  18-12-210(1) is a class 1 petty offense. The required address or name change, stolen, lost, or destroyed form must be notarized. The Records  Unit personnel can notarize these forms as needed.