- COVID-19 ALERT - JCPH Issues Local Public Health Order to Lead County Through Recovery
- COVID-19 ALERT - Masks No Longer Required in Outdoor Public Settings in Jeffco
- COVID-19 ALERT - Starting 4/2, all Coloradans 16+ will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has collaborated closely with Jefferson County Public Health and the local health care system to distribute COVID-19 vaccines. All Coloradans ages 16 and over are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccine supply is improving but is still limited, so you may have to wait to get an appointment if you are newly eligible.
Until a vaccine is widely available and used by our community, everyone in Jefferson County should continue to use complimentary public health practices, which layered together help keep us healthy. We need to keep wearing our masks, maintaining social distancing, frequently washing our hands and avoiding gatherings.
How to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine
There are several ways to find and sign-up for a COVID-19 vaccine. While there is not currently a single list for Coloradans to sign up for a vaccine, you can use this appointment search tool, called the Colorado COVID-19 Vaccine Finder (click on this link or the vaccine finder orange button). If you need help signing up, you can call Benefits in Action at 720-221-8354 and they will help you register.
- Sign up with a local vaccine provider. Visit CDPHE’s website for a complete listing of healthcare partners offering the COVID-19 vaccine and sign-up links.
- Many retail pharmacy locations are offering the vaccine by appointment only.
- Go to a community vaccination site run by CDPHE. Find the most recent list of locations here. Appointments are required.
- JCPH is offering vaccinations, as supply allows, to eligible individuals at our clinics. Click here to get more information.
How to Stay Updated on Vaccination Efforts
- If you are a member of the general public looking for important public health emergency information, including updates about the COVID-19 vaccine, please sign up for “Jeffco COVID-19 Alerts."
- Community members can call JCPH's COVID Vax Information Center (C-VIC) at 303-239-7000 and press option 1 for vaccine information.
- For general questions, call the state's vaccine hotline at 1-877-CO VAX CO (1-877-268-2926).
- What are the vaccination eligibility phases in Colorado?
- Will I be turned away if I try to get a vaccine before it becomes available to the general public?
- How do I set up an appointment to get a vaccine?
- How can I sign up to get notified about new information about the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Is the COVID-19 vaccine safe?
- What are the side effects of the vaccine?
- Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- How many doses are in the vaccine, and how does that work?
- How long does it take for the vaccine to be effective?
- After I have been vaccinated, can I stop wearing a mask and social distancing?