Evergreen Local Improvement District
The Board of County Commissioners in considering the formation of a local improvement district (ELID) to construct public improvements in the Evergreen area at their public hearing on Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2020, at 8 a.m. Anyone who wishes to provide comment on the ELID or opt out of the district should attend this meeting. Please see the Meetings and Agendas page for more information on the Board of County Commissioner meeting and how to attend the via the WebEx meeting platform.
In general, if the ELID is approved, it would facilitate the construction of roadway safety projects in and around Evergreen’s activity centers. The projects will be designed, constructed and maintained by Jefferson County.
The funding stream for the proposed Improvements will be provided to the ELID through its partnership with the Evergreen Economic District (EED) and the Evergreen Legacy Fund (ELF), which collects a voluntary 1% donation on the value on sales of products and services at businesses within the Evergreen area. Other grants and donations could provide supplemental funding.
If the ELF funding stream is insufficient to support the proposed improvements, the ELID could be funded in the future by imposing a sales tax throughout the proposed ELID. Such a sales tax would not be imposed unless and until it is approved in an election of the electors of the ELID.
- What is the boundary of the Evergreen Local Improvement District? How can I tell if I am in the proposed district?
- What improvements are proposed to be completed by the Evergreen Local Improvement District?
- How were the projects selected?
- Can additional improvements be added to the list?
- How will the projects be funded?
- Evergreen Local Improvement District Provided Projects List
- Proposed Evergreen Local Improvement District Boundary Map
- Public Notice Publication for Proposed Evergreen Local Improvement District
- Resolution on Proposed Evergreen Local Improvement District Preliminary Project
- Stamped Legal Description - Proposed District Boundary
I Would Like to Opt-Out of the ELID
Any and all property owners that would like to opt-out of the Evergreen Local Improvement District (ELID), if approved by the Board of County Commissioners, must fill out and submit this online form.
If you are not sure whether your property intersects with the proposed ELID boundary, please take a look at the parcel list (PDF) and do a search within the document for your address.
If you have a question not already included in the FAQ, or would like to submit comments to be considered at the hearing, please email the Transportation & Engineering ELID team.