Youth, Equine and Ag Working Group
On February 25, 2020, the Board of County Commissioners gave direction to staff to explore ways to preserve youth, equine and agricultural activities in Jefferson County.
Staff immediately started working on putting together plans to create a community-based group of people interested in Jeffco’s youth, equine and agricultural activities. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 those plans were put on hold.
As of June 2020, staff resumed efforts and have finalized plans regarding establishing, defining duties and responsibilities of the community-based working group.
To preserve youth, agriculture and equine activities in Jefferson County.
With the direction to preserve youth, equine and agriculture use in Jefferson County, the Board of County Commissioners is establishing the Jeffco Youth, Equine and Agriculture Working Group to study this issue.
The commissioners are seeking individuals interested in serving on the Jeffco Youth, Equine and Agriculture Working Group who can help staff identify and explore all possible ways to support these activities within Jefferson County.
The group will explore all possible ways to support this effort and coordinate suggestions, ideas and recommendations for the Board of County Commissioners.
Areas of focus may include:
- An inventory an cost analysis of services and facility capacity at the fairgrounds and/or a portion of the fairgrounds.
- An inventory and cost analysis of services and facility capacity at other locations.
- Alternative operation options, including non-profit, private-public partnerships, and other.
The working group is expected to meet monthly between October 2020 and March 2021. Subsequent meetings, including day and time will be decided by the members. These meetings will be held virtually at this point through the county’s WebEx platform.
October 21, 2020 - 6 p.m.
Join our virtual meeting via WebEx
Select the “Join by Browser” option
You can also join by telephone:
Dial – 1-408-418-9388; enter the meeting access number when prompted – 146 042 5466
|Meeting Agenda and Minutes|
|October 7, 2020||Oct. 7 Agenda||Oct. 7 Meeting Notes|
|October 21, 2020||Oct. 21 Agenda||Pending|
At the direction of the Board of County Commissioners, members will be representatives composed of the following interest groups and will explore all ways to support these activities within Jefferson County.
- Friends of the Jefferson County Fairgrounds Nonprofit (or other)
- Neighborhood surrounding the Jeffco Fairgrounds
Working Group Members
|Pam Bales||Business||Email Pam|
|Jill Coffman||Equine||Email Jill|
|David Johnson||Neighborhood||Email David|
|Alejandra Major||Fairgrounds Advisory Committee||Email Alejandra|
|Andrea Raschke||Equine||Email Andrea|
|Mollie Sherill||Equine||Email Mollie|
|Mark Skelton||Fairgrounds Advisory Committee||Email Mark|
|Lisa Stavig||Nonprofit||Email Lisa|
|Debra Tazz||Nonprofit||Email Debra|
|Jaren Tolman||Youth||Email Jaren|
- serve a term of six months beginning October, 2020 thru March 31, 2021.
- vacate membership should they fail to be present at two (2) consecutive meetings or three (3) regular meetings during the six-month term.
- be responsible for engaging their interest group and bringing insight, questions and issues from that community to each meeting. Each member is then also expected to report back to that community about the process and strides being made within the working group.
- ensure their actions present neither a conflict of interest nor the appearance of impropriety or conflict with the public trust. In the event of such conflict, the member shall disclose the interest to the Working Group.
- have access to a computer and networking systems due to the unprecedented public health situation and the possibility to conduct meetings virtually.