COVID-19 Dial Status
JCPH has been notified that as of January 4, 2021, Jeffco is being moved to Level Orange on the Dial Framework by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).
About Level Orange
Beginning Jan. 4, Jefferson County community members and businesses should follow Level Orange of CDPHE’s Dial Framework per the Fourth Amended Public Health Order 20-36, with some modifications per JCPH's Third Amended PHO 20-009.
To learn more about what Level Orange will mean for Jeffco, including the differences in restrictions by category, visit CDPHE’s Dial webpage.
In addition, JCPH released the Third Amended PHO 20-009, effective on Jan. 1, 2021, which is more restrictive than the state’s Dial and limits gatherings further in Jefferson County. Under PHO 20-009:
- Indoor events are limited to 25% capacity or 25 people, calculated using the social distancing calculator, whichever is smaller.
- Outdoor events are limited to 25% capacity or 75 people, calculated using the social distancing calculator, whichever is smaller.
- Spectators at youth sporting events are prohibited.
Five-Star Certification Program
The Jefferson County Five-Star Certification Program is designed for responsible businesses that are following public health guidance and going above and beyond to prioritize the health and safety of their staff and customers. If businesses are interested, please visit our Five-Star Certification Program website for more information.
About the Dial Framework
- Colorado’s Dial Framework has various levels to guide county response to COVID-19.
- Counties move back and forth between levels, depending on three metrics. Levels are based on the number of new cases, the percent positivity of COVID-19 tests, and the impact on hospitals, as well as other local considerations.
- As the dial moves left, toward Protect Our Neighbors, more people can participate in various activities.
- Residents can find the latest information about the Dial Framework, including Jeffco's key metrics and associated capacity limits and guidelines, on CDPHE's website here.
- Continue to stay home as much as possible.
- Vulnerable people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults, must continue to only leaving home for medical care and essential activities.
- When you go out, follow physical distancing requirements (6 feet of space between yourself and others).
- Do not go to work if you are sick. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- People who have COVID-19 symptoms should get tested, and must isolate unless they have a negative test result. Please read how to isolate.
- Individuals in Jeffco are required to wear a mask in indoor public settings, as well as outdoor public settings where 6 ft. distancing cannot be maintained.
- Limit private gatherings to 10 individuals max from no more than 2 households. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Communications Toolkit for Businesses
Please use and/or adapt these tools to help communicate public health guidance to our community. The toolkit includes signage for your entrance, posters for employees, social media graphics and more.