COVID-19 Dial Status
Effective Nov. 20 at 5 p.m.: Jefferson County is in Level Red – Severe Risk, in the Dial Framework.
About Level Red
Beginning Nov. 20, Jefferson County community members and businesses should follow Level Red of CDPHE’s Dial Framework per Public Health Order 20-36.
Some key changes for the county under the state’s updated Level Red requirements include:
- Personal gatherings with people outside of your household are prohibited.
- Indoor dining at restaurants is prohibited; use takeout, curbside or delivery options instead. Outdoor dining is permitted with those in your household.
- Last call is at 8 p.m., bars are closed.
- Gyms are limited to 10% capacity, or 10 people indoors per room, or outdoors in groups less than 10. Reservations are required.
- Indoor events are closed.
- Outdoor events are permitted at 25% capacity, not to exceed 75 people.
- Both critical and non-critical retail are limited to 50% capacity and should increase their curbside pick-up and delivery services.
- People who are at higher risk for getting COVID-19 or experiencing severe illness must stay at home.
For a full list of requirements, visit CDPHE's website.
At this time JCPH Public Health Order 20-009 remains in effect to the extent that it is more restrictive than PHO 20-36. Per PHO 20-36, no indoor events are permitted at this time, and all outdoor events must be limited to 25% capacity, not to exceed 75 people. Outdoor events may have only one designated activity or area. In addition, per PHO 20-009, the prohibition on spectators for high-school-level and adult recreational sports remains in effect.
About the Dial Framework
- Colorado’s Dial Framework has various levels to guide county response to COVID-19.
- Counties move back and forth between levels, depending on three metrics. Levels are based on the number of new cases, the percent positivity of COVID-19 tests, and the impact on hospitals, as well as other local considerations.
- As the dial moves left, toward Protect Our Neighbors, more people can participate in various activities.
- Residents can find the latest information about the Dial Framework, including Jeffco's key metrics and associated capacity limits and guidelines, on CDPHE's website here.
- Continue to stay home as much as possible.
- Vulnerable people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults, must continue to only leaving home for medical care and essential activities.
- When you go out, follow physical distancing requirements (6 feet of space between yourself and others).
- Do not go to work if you are sick. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- People who have COVID-19 symptoms should get tested, and must isolate unless they have a negative test result. Please read how to isolate.
- Individuals in Jeffco are required to wear a mask in indoor public settings, as well as outdoor public settings where 6 ft. distancing cannot be maintained.
- No personal gatherings with individuals from outside of your household. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Communications Toolkit for Businesses
Please use and/or adapt these tools to help communicate public health guidance to our community. The toolkit includes signage for your entrance, posters for employees, social media graphics and more.