Services during COVID-19
Due to our 2.5-month COVID-19 closure, we have a backlog of more than 70,000 customers, so we anticipate demand for our services will be extremely high. Please utilize our online services before attempting to come into our offices.
For those customers who are unable to complete services online, visit our appointments page (we suggest using either a Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser) or call 303-271-8100 to make an appointment. We post appointments two weeks at a time.
From 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., Monday - Thursday we will be accepting a limited number of walk ins for titling, new vehicle registration, and handicap placards at some of our offices: Arvada, Evergreen, Lakewood, and Littleton. (Please note that our Golden office will not be accepting walk-in customers.)
The following customers will NOT be accepted on a walk-in basis:
- Renewals: Renewing your registration is available at this site or at one of our 5 renewal kiosks located at King Soopers stores throughout Jeffco.
- Dealers: Dealers may only drop off documents. No walk-ins permitted.
We remain open by appointment only during all other hours.
To protect our customers and staff, we are strictly adhering to public health guidance. Among the steps we are taking:
- Customers are required to wear face masks
- There are plexiglass barriers at customer-facing stations
- Hand sanitizer is available at each station
- We have removed chairs from our lobbies
- There are floor markers to ensure adequate social distancing
Late fee information
The Department of Revenue has identified an error in a limited number of registration renewals. If you renewed after June 30 and you were charged a late fee for the months of March through June, the Department of Revenue will be automatically processing refunds and issuing payment in the month of September. For more information, visit our fee page.