Closures due to COVID-19
Update: March 26, 1:00 PM
Metro Denver Public Health Departments Rescind Stay at Home Public Health Orders; Adopt State Order.
Read the Colorado statewide Stay at Home Public Order.
For Jefferson County Public Health’s official rescinding notice , click here. Please only leave home for medical care, groceries and household supplies, work at a critical workplace, or other necessary reasons. For additional information on the Colorado statewide Stay-At-Home Order visit covid19.colorado.gov
Effective at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 16, 2020, the Sheriff’s Office is closing all our public lobbies and suspending certain public services until midnight on Thursday, April 16th, to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to provide patrol, investigation, detention, and emergency management services. For all emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
For non-emergencies or to report a crime, please call our non-emergency number at 303-271-0211.
This closure includes the following JCSO public lobby locations:
- Headquarters/North Precinct (jail and Sheriff’s Office lobbies): 200 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden
- South Precinct: 11139 Bradford Rd, Littleton
- Mountain Precinct: 4990 Highway 73, Evergreen
The following public services will be unavailable during this closure:
- All on-site visitation at Jeffco Sheriff’s Detention facilities have been canceled until further notice. To schedule a visit from home go to https://securustech.net
- Click here for a FREE Video Visit during the COVID-19 Lobby Closure. (Quantities are limited)
- In-person public records requests. The Records Division will be closed to the public. Requests for public records may be submitted electronically to [email protected]. Information on how to submit a request is available at https://www.jeffco.us/442/Criminal-Justice-Records.
- New and renewal conceal carry permits are temporarily suspended during the closure.
- VIN verifications are temporarily suspended during the closure.
- Jail bonds will still be accepted 24/7 in the bonding lobby at 200 Jefferson County Parkway.
In addition, the following community services are suspended until further notice:
- Ride-alongs with a patrol deputy
- Tours of Sheriff’s Office facilities
We apologize for the inconvenience this week’s closure and the temporary suspension of some services may cause you.
What Your JeffCo Sheriff’s Office is Doing to Keep Employees & Inmates Safe During Covid-19
Like many of you, we’re working to maintain a sense of normalcy and continuity as we work to keep Jefferson County safe and informed when it comes to public safety.
We also realize that comes with its own set of challenges as we and our families are concerned about JCSO employees’ health when we interact with the public and take care of the hundreds of inmates in our charge.
So here’s information about what we’re doing to keep everyone safe while continuing to provide public safety services to our citizens. We share this information not to alarm, but to keep our public informed about how we are doing our part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in Colorado #DoingMyPartCO
- closed all of our public lobbies for the week, possibly longer, with the exception of the jail bonding lobby
- increased cleaning and sanitizing of all facilities and vehicles
- provided protective gear to use when necessary
- recommend employees stay home if sick; wash hands often; avoid touching face; minimize contact with others; maintain 6 feet distance when possible;
- and use disinfectant spray or wipes to sanitize department vehicles
- limited our Victim Advocate response to phone contact rather than in-person contact when possible
- instructed deputies to take the following actions:
- Handle as many reports by phone as possible
- Limit contact with citizens when possible
- Issue mask to sick citizens when in contact
- Wear PPE when appropriate
- Disinfect passenger areas of patrol vehicles after each transport
- Limit citizen contact to one deputy when possible
- Make contact with citizens outside of residences and other buildings
- If responding to a nursing home, make contact with nursing home staff outside of the facility
- Limit in-person interviews and conduct phone interviews when possible
- Sanitize interview rooms before and after in-person interviews
- All polygraph exams and sex offender registrations will be by appointment only
- Initiated online training for our 43-person P.O.S.T. Academy
- Suspended all in-service and specialized trainings
- Canceled all large group activities such as our internal monthly meetings, Citizens Academy, facility tours, community meetings
We’re also authorizing some professional staff to work from home if their duties allow.
- Suspended all volunteer activities in the jail
- Suspended on-site video visitation at the jail; enhanced accommodations for remote video visitation
- Passenger areas of transport vehicles shall be disinfected after each use
- Suspended service as a hub for Transports Across Colorado
- Transitioning eligible inmates on work release to in-home detention
- Inmates who have served at least 50% of their sentence and meet all requirements for the early release program will be released daily
- Special housing units are being utilized for isolation, quarantine and/or separation of at-risk inmates as necessary; so far, no inmates have tested positive