The JCSO Detentions Facility lobby will be OPEN to scheduling and conducting public visits. The Animal Control, South, and Mountain Precinct lobby are also OPEN to the public during normal business hours, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Social distancing and masks are required to enter any of the facilities.
For other Jefferson County Offices and Courts, please contact departments and offices directly to see if they provide services online and/or are open by appointment only. We strongly encourage wearing a face covering while visiting any county facility.
- JCSO COVID-19 Closures Updates
- Animal Control Effective 03/04/21
- CHP Effective 01/06/21
- Jail Visits Effective 03/04/2021
- Patrol Effective 03/04/2021
- Records Effective 03/04/21
- Sex Offender Registration 11/25/20
2021 Closure and Re-Opening Updates for COVID-19
The JCSO Detentions Facility lobby will be OPEN to scheduling and conducting public visits. The South and Mountain Precinct lobbies are also OPEN to the public during normal business hours, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Social distancing and masks are required to enter any of the facilities.
Please click on the tabs listed on this page for JCSO specific services information regarding current online services, and if appointments are required before visiting in-person
2021 Posted Updates:
Posted January 6th - JCSO Records Public Lobby Services are by appointment.
Posted November 15th - All fingerprinting services will REQUIRE a facemask and temperature check before entering the Records suite.
Posted November 9th - The Detention Services Division Public Lobby will be CLOSED to public visits until further notice.
Posted June 1 - the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will reopen to the public. All people entering the building must wear a face-covering and social distance and follow Public Health instructions on handwashing/sanitizer use.
Posted May 27 - The JCSO offices are expected to reopen to the public on June 1st. Many services are still available online.
Posted May 5 - Beginning May 9, Jeffco will follow the state’s Safer-at-Home order. See the Safer-at-Home page to learn more.
Posted April 24 - JCPH has issued a public health order extending the state’s Stay-at-Home order in Jefferson County through May 8, 2020, with a key revision to support non-critical businesses. This extension will help protect our community from COVID-19 as we continue to work aggressively to reduce the high rates of the virus in our county and across the Denver Metro Area. See the Stay-At-Home page to learn more.
Posted March 26 - Metro Denver Public Health Departments Rescind Stay at Home Public Health Orders; Adopt State Order. Read the Colorado statewide Stay at Home Public Order.
For Jefferson County Public Health’s official rescinding notice, click here. Please only leave home for medical care, groceries and household supplies, work at a critical workplace, or other necessary reasons. For additional information on the Colorado statewide Stay-At-Home Order visit covid19.colorado.gov
Posted March 16 - The Sheriff’s Office is closing all our public lobbies and suspending certain public services until further notice to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to provide patrol, investigation, detention, and emergency management services.
For all emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
For non-emergencies or to report a crime, please call our non-emergency number at 303-271-0211.
In addition, the following community services are suspended until further notice:
- VIN verifications are not available at closed lobbies
- Ride-alongs with a patrol deputy
- Tours of Sheriff’s Office facilities
- JCSO Youth Academy has been canceled
We apologize for the inconvenience these closures and the temporary suspension of some services may cause you.
Conceal Handgun Permits
We accept new and renewal CHP applications online only.
A valid personal email address is required for all applicant submissions.
- All New and Renewal applications and payments will be required to be submitted electronically.
- Our online applications are processed using a third-party service called Permitium.
- Follow this link to the application website: https://jeffersonco.permitium.com/ccw/start
- For a new CHP application, you will also be required to schedule a Records Unit fingerprint appointment through the online application service.
If you should have any questions regarding a concealed handgun permit you can email us at CHPRecords@jeffco.us or call us at 303-271-5542.
Additional information can be found on Concealed HandGun Permits page
The JCSO Detentions Facility lobby will be OPEN to scheduling and conducting public visits.
The South and Mountain Precinct lobbies are also OPEN to the public during normal business hours, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday. Social distancing and masks are required to enter any of the facilities.
Effective March 4th, 2021 - All services are by appointment unless noted below.
- All services will REQUIRE a facemask before entering the Records suite.
- Hours 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, closed 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM for lunch
- You are encouraged to manage any records requests electronically
- Please email us at email@example.com or fax us at 303-271-5552.
- If you are needing to speak to a records technician directly please call us at 303-271-5541.
- To pay in-person, an appointment is not necessary
- Traffic Tickets may also be submitted online or by mail
- If you have any questions then please contact us at SheriffMTC@jeffco.us or 303-271-5345.
Warrants Inquiries should be directed to SheriffWarrants@jeffco.us
Sex Offender Registration
Effective June 1, all sex offender registrations will be by appointment only
- Call 303-271-5855 and leave a message with
- Your name
- A phone number you can be contacted at